Leslie Bottorff specializes in medical technology investment opportunities. She has worked closely with several portfolio company entrepreneurs at the seed stage to formulate and validate their companies’ business plans, including Embolic Protection, where she was interim VP of Marketing and Business Development at inception. Leslie was the original seed investor in Sadra Medical (acquired by Boston Scientific in 2011) and has served on the board for several portfolio companies including Sadra Medical, Spinal Concepts, VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies, Neuronetics, Flexuspine, Relievant and CytoPherx.
The topics Leslie shared in this talk are the following:
- Healthcare Industry Overview
- Entrepreneurial Opportunities in Healthcare
- VC Criteria for Evaluating Companies
- Successful Companies Characteristics
- Career Path Considerations